In a Nutshell
My goal as a recent graduate is to pursue a career in the art industry that allows me to contribute my skills and talents to a team who shares similar passions, work-ethic and creativity. Being part of something big is both exciting and motivating and I hope to find my place within a great group of people.
- Bachelor's Degree in Art & Design, with concentrations in Visual Communications, Art History, Drawing & Intermedia
- Experience in Artwork Exhibition and Storyboard presentation.
- Proficiency in traditional media, including drawing, and painting.
- Understanding of Nuke Compositing, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office, and both iOS and Windows.
- Over 10+ combined experience in photo manipulation, photo editing, video editing, and graphic design.
- Knowledge of 3D Animation & Modelling programs, including Maya and zBrush.
- Uses Wacom Cintiq 13HD for digital art projects.
- Calm in high-pressure multi-tasking activities when working both alone and with a small team, having lead one of the busiest A&W franchises in Edmonton as an Assistant Manager and Shift Supervisor. Required to be organized, focused and expect efficient output out of both self and with team.
- 3-year clean driving record, and currently holding a Class 5 Alberta GDL and a reliable vehicle.
- Fast learner, adaptable, and flexible with time crunches.
- Fluent in English.
- Willing to stay after hours to solve problems or finish extra work.
- Willing to relocate to anywhere in Canada.
Skills & Assets
University of Alberta
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Art & Design, 2010 – 2016
Major specializations: Visual Communications, Art History, Drawing & Intermedia
The Department of Art & Design at the University of Alberta comprises three divisions—Design Studies, Fine Arts, and the History of Art, Design and Visual Culture (HADVC). Art & Design majors explore many aspects of art and design, and develop skills in critical thinking, communication, creativity, and commitment in both academic and practical course work.
Through this degree, I mastered skills in traditional media, including painting, sculpting, and drawing from observation. Computer-based work comprised most of the assignments in my Visual Communication Design Class, as well as some video-editing for Drawing & Intermedia. I learned the ins and outs of exhibition work through numerous Art Gallery tours, talks with local artists, and developing my own exhibition for my senior year. Gained sufficient knowledge of Modern and Contemporary art.
Was hired by the Alberta School of Business to be a contract graphic designer for the semester, and was also Vice President of Design for the Chinese Students Club from 2014-2015.
Pixel Blue College
3D Animation & Modelling Diploma, 2016 – 2017
I gained proficiency in using projections, cards, motion tracking, rotoscoping, and green screen extraction in NUKE, as well as a greater understanding of After Effects, Photoshop, Maya, ZBrush, Mac iOS systems. I learned to model and create assets and organic forms in Maya an zBrush and expanded my knowledge of photo manipulation and editing. I gained real-life training on projects similar to work environments in my chosen field.
Pixel Blue Official Website
Archbishop MacDonald High School
High School Diploma, 2007-2010 with Honours
Guest Experience Services Lead/Supervisor, A&W Food Services of Canada Inc.
February 2016 to Present (1 year 2 months)
Supervises employees engaged in serving food and in maintaining cleanliness of food service areas and equipment.
Trains workers in performance of duties.
Assigns and coordinates work of employees to promote efficiency of operations.
Inspects kitchen and dining areas and kitchen utensils and equipment to ensure sanitary standards are met.
Requisitions and inspects foodstuffs, supplies, and equipment to maintain stock levels and ensure standards of quality are met.
Contract Graphic Designer, Alberta School of Business, University of Alberta
Sept-Dec 2014 (4 months)
- Produced promotional material for events surrounding the Alberta School of Business, including posters and brochures. Collaborated with instructors, business associates and students.
VP Design, Chinese Students Club, University of Alberta
Sep 2014 – Aug 2015 (1 year)
Designed and printed all brochures, display boards, promotional posters and accessories for the Chinese Students Club at my University. For Chinese New Year I designed all tickets and table decorations including table numbers, candles, pamphlets, program schedules and lucky red envelopes. Worked with a team to promote CSC and supervise and lead group activities (including game nights, clubbing nights, and ski trips).
Extra Life - Team Edmonton
Nov 2013 – Present
Extra Life unites thousands of players around the world in a 24 hour gaming marathon to support Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. Since its inception in 2008, Extra Life has raised more than $22 million for local CMN Hospitals.
Extra Life is gamers doing what they do best to help sick and injured children at their chosen Children’s Miracle Network Hospital. Simply sign up, commit to play games for 24 hours with us on any day of your choosing (or over a few days), and ask your family and friends to support your efforts!
- My favourite video games are from the Metal Gear Solid franchise. My favourite movies are Deadpool and The Empire Strikes Back.
- I enjoy marathoning a wide range of shows from Brooklyn 99 to Game of Thrones to K-Dramas
- I have two cats, Bella and Coco, and spend lots of time watching tiny kittens on YouTube and Instagram
- My hobbies include napping and trying new kinds of exotic food
- Someday I would like to travel to Germany, go to San Diego Comic Con, and be fluent in German and Korean